Once Upon a Time...

11:15 Unknown 4 Comments


And then I woke up…
The serrated particles of sand scratched at my dry throat. Face palmed to the damp beach and mouth opened wide, in each breath I inhaled more of the sharp grains.
Resting in the distance was my rescuer, a long piece of sturdy wood that had carried my body to shore. The decaying wood, that was once a door, was now separated from its doorknob partner. Collectively, the debris, shards and remains transformed this beautiful white paradise into a scandalous ship wreck.
I knew this place, I knew it well. The beautiful deadly fruit, the tormenting wilderness that creeped beyond the white beach, countless number of critters that attacked you in the night, yes I knew them all well. I was ship wrecked here earlier on in my life, as a hopeless girl. How was I to know that the torture would repeat itself?
Last time was sudden and overwhelming and frightening but this time I have my wits about me. However the threat of death peers over my shoulder and greets me as an old friend for I know no better than my younger self. I know the dangers but it still does not aid me in defeating them.
As these thoughts were rushing through my mind, it came to my attention that I was still lying face down across the beach. My limbs were weak as if they had fallen into a deep sleep through my slumber. I stretched arms, and watched them as they returned from a pale white to a cream-pinkish colour. My blood could now continue to flow freely around my system. Arching my back and confronting the island with my biter glare I said to myself
“Bring on the second round…”
The nights were cold and harsh winds could approach the island at any time so I knew I would be in need of a shelter. My shelter was my only sense of security and… my only sense of home. I drooped my head to the left and glanced over at the decaying wooden door. It was sturdy and waterproof and definitely more convenient than chopping down a tree, so I stumbled towards them, my legs still stiff from my fixated position.
“These will do,” I sighed to myself as I rummaged through the handy supply of debris. As I progressed through the pile of ‘bits and pieces’ I couldn’t help but wonder how far these things must have travelled. They are all fairly intact and quite close together, so the ship I was on couldn’t have been too far out to sea. Which means that other survivors, ‘if there are any’, could have arrived on this same island…
A mixture of drowsiness and excitement stung me like the sharp bite of an insect… Yet the sting did not go away and soon I was suffering great pain in my left arm. It started to itch and prickle and I rubbed it vigorously. I peered down my left side to see a minute beetle crawling around my knelt posture. I began to panic and became flustered. Suddenly the intensity of the heat seemed extremely high. I looked around for some sort of escape from this poison. As I shook my head violently I caught a glimpse of the sun setting. Night time was approaching and my shelter was no way near complete. ‘I can’t collapse now’ I said to myself ‘I have to get to safety’. But then I blacked out and a tiny sand storm swirled around my head and shoulders and I hit the ground with a thud.
And then I woke up…

So that was a short story I wrote about being strnded on a desert island. I was inspired to write this from reading 'Lord of the Flies' which is, in my opinion, a really good book. I was quite proud of this story and I wanted to see what 'MyBabies' thought about it...

X Thanks for reading X




4 comments:

  1. You're one of the only people I know that like The Lord Of the Flies and good on you sister!! You have motivated me to just bite the bullet and upload mine! I've wanted to upload snippets of Upside Down for a while now but I guess that this is just a good place to start, to show people what I can do and how I write!
    Peace xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on ya peace x LOL
      And you should totally start up a writting page
      *Gasp* you should call 'it once spin a time'

      Delete
    2. *once upon a time - is wat I meant

      Delete
    3. Omg that's genius!!! you've got me all excited now!

      Delete