My art journey

15:20 Unknown 6 Comments

Hey My Babies, CC here,
Today I felt like doing something new. Something that's really just, well... Me.
I wanted to share something's with you guys that I have been inspired by and motivated by, more or less, my entire life... And that is as you could have guessed by the title... Art 
I have been a massive art lover since the moment I could hold a pencil, which was for me the age of around 2 years old.
And I don't mean the kind that visits galleries and studies famous paintings. No, I am more on the practical side of things. 
I love the feeling of taking ideas and images in your mind and actually turning them into a reality. 
So in this post I will be sharing with you the history and journey of my Art experience...

Okay, so this first one isn't exactly my first drawing, but it was the closest I could get. Some drawings of mine that are even older than this one are somewhere in my mothers 'Book if Memories' so maybe someday I will revisit those in another post.
But now onto this drawing. I drew this picture when I was around 7 years old, so I was in year 3 at the time. I remember receiving this abstract art book from my teacher at the begin of the year as a gift and I immediately fell in love with it. At the time I thought it was the most amazing art style ever and I studied it as if it was my job. The book taught me some amazing techniques like how to draw human features and how to shade objects as well as giving me some inspiration to create my own pieces like this one...
Here is another image that I drew around the same time...
I remember feeling so proud of this one because I knew in my mind that I had become a master at this abstract technique. That was of course before I went to secondary school and all I knew was completely thrown out of the window and replaced with new brilliant ideas. But at the time I thought this drawing was great, and I still do now. When I think about it, I done this when I was only in year 3 which I think is pretty good considering I had no art lessons, no tutors, and not even a family that had a clue about art...

This next piece I done when I was a bit older. I think I was in year 5. It was when we had just began learning about the solar system and planets and how the earth moves around the sun. But I wasn't just only interested in the science behind it... I was also fascinated by the magnificent art it created. All the planets were beautiful colours, the stars made amazing shapes and designs and the moon, well... That's what inspired this piece. I paid close attention to how the moons on each planet were different sizes and how it turns darker when it's behind a planet. So I started drawing the different sized moons and different shades, depending on where it was in relation to the sun and then... I realised that I had created a masterpiece ( well in my eyes that is ) 
So that's when I started looking at more detailed shaded styles of art, rather than bold abstract images.

Thus was born 'The Criminal' as I named it in year 6. This was my idea of shade and tone and setting in a piece art and for a while I was my best ever drawing. I remember working on it, day after day in my old classroom, while we were supposed to be doing some quiet reading ( I guess that's why my reading fell behind ). But I enjoyed it and I think it's what gave me that extra step into the art and design world. 


This is where things started to get a bit more intrecut. I began using 'grown-up' word to describe art like 'composition and 'contrasting' and everything started to get more and more... Peculiar... At this point I had never even seen art like this, let alone study it and recreate it. But still I enjoyed it ( and still managed to be top of the class ). In year 7 we looked at 'Natural Forms' and that's when I was told to gather information about this style and recreate a piece if my own. Until now, art had never a homework or a set task. It had been me, alone, experimenting with a pencil and paper. So when I had to do this, I felt that it had to be the best I could do, to try to make a good impression... And it worked. My teacher loved it and used it as a 'perfect' example to the rest of the class. I couldn't have felt more chuffed about myself if I tried. So it was I knew for definite, art was the path for me...

These two images are a lot more recent. I actually completed these this year, which is year 9 for me. They are both Pop Art themed, which was again a whole new area to me. I loved experimenting with new techniques, matt bold styles and bright colours. All the other years of secondary school so far, had much to do with shading and black/white images. So it was good to see a bit more colour in the mix. This was one of my favourite topics at the time because it felt so open and loose to so many possibilities...

...That is until this topic. This idea was all about culture and different ways of expressing that culture through art. Not only did I love the fact that I got to do my country proud by being the only person doing British culture, but it was also a way of experiencing other peoples cultures. It made people get really involved in the topic, probably because it gave them a chance to create something that they know inside and out. It was a really nice experience to have in my 'art journey'...

And now, we have finally reached the end... This last piece is something I am working right now. It going to be a setting based on Japanese culture and Japanese art, featuring one of my favourite creatures, the majestic owl...
I'm very excited to pursue this new topic and I will be sure to update you with my everlasting 'Art Journey'...


Xx thanks for reading xX






6 comments:

  1. Great post! Your work is amazing! Sometimes I wish that I could draw. I have just posted something similar on this page, check it out! http://waitwhatok.blogspot.co.uk/p/once-upon-time.html
    Peace xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks peace. And your post is absolutely amazing. You should make it a weekly thing or something like that xx
      CC my baby xx

      Delete
  2. You have such a lovely style, I really enjoyed looking at your artwork xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Izzy K, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Would you possibly like me to do more posts like this one...? Let me know... Xo
      And I will definitly check out your blog... xo
      CC My Baby

      Delete
  3. Very great styles. Loving the development, true say throughout the years and use if words. Take care, and enjoy your work. They're really creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xImmortalMindsx. I'm glad that you enjoyed the post and I hope you keep coming back to read more of my posts. Hopefully they will inspire you again like this one did.
      CC My Baby xo

      Delete